the waitomo caves of new zealand’s northern island, formed two million years ago from the surrounding limestone bedrock, are home to an endemic species of bioluminescent fungus gnat (arachnocampa luminosa, or glow worm fly) who in their larval stage produce silk threads from which to hang and, using a blue light emitted from a modified excretory organ in their tails, lure in prey who then become ensnared in sticky droplets of mucus.
unfortunately i don’t think i will be doing any live action stuff anytime soon!
i simply don’t have the time right now to plan scenes, take pictures, edit them and such
this is a sneaking mission
_(•̀ω•́ 」∠)_ ₎₎
i like to now think of this post as if all the people who reblogged it are sneaking along with me
just a trail of sneaking
_(•̀ω•́ 」∠)_ ₎₎_(•̀ω•́ 」∠)_ ₎₎_(•̀ω•́ 」∠)_ ₎₎_(•̀ω•́ 」∠)_ ₎₎_(•̀ω•́ 」∠)_ ₎₎
- met doing laundry at 2am college au
- accidentally knocked on the wrong dorm room college au
- picked up the wrong book when we bumped into each other college au
- hey exchange student why don’t you can come to mine for thanksgiving?? college au
- did i mention college au
- walked in on you in the shower college au
- drunkenly hooked up but you’re dating my roommate who already hates me college au
- the always-partying kid falls for the always-studying kid college au
- heard a scream and thought you were getting killed but it was just a spider college au
- i really hate you but you have the highest grades in class and i need help college au
- (◕‿◕✿) cOLLEGE AU (◕‿◕✿)
if someone says they dont want to be touched
- dont touch them
- dont fucking touch them
- actually dont touch them
- dont continue to fucking touch them after they make it clear they are uncomfortable
- THIS ISNT FUCKING HARD DONT FUCKING TOUCH THEM
also dont continue touching them bc you think their reaction is cute
Especially the last point
Tumblr Dashboard Image Sizes:
- Photo post: 500 by 750 pixels for dashboard view; 1280 by 1920 pixels for high-res version (except for superwide panoramas).
- Photoset: 500-pixel width for one image in a photoset row. 245-pixel width for two images in a photoset row. 160-pixel width for three images in a photoset row. Gutters are 10 pixels.
- Audio Post: 169 by 169 pixels for album art.
- Link Post: 130 by 130 pixels for the thumbnail image grabbed by Tumblr from web link (if available).
- Text Post: 125-pixel width for images added to a text post, which expand when clicked.
- Avatar: 64-by-64-pixel icon next to posts.
Omg reblogging this cuz I always forget
Some harsh but very very true words
When people let me review their portfolios (on career day or open days at my game design school) I explicitly ban them from commenting during the review… …because otherwise they will follow the impulse to downplay everything I see in an attempt at being humble.
"this is an old image…"
"I’m not happy with that one…"
"this is just a sketch…"
"I did this really quickly…"
"there is better stuff on later pages…"
It’s totally understandable to have those impulses. The quality of art is not empirical data and therefore impossible to measure. Good art, bad art, it all comes down to standards. And you don’t want to come off as naive or self-absorbed.
But just don’t do it. Don’t talk yourself down in front of others. In the best case you have someone supportive who now thinks “damn, this person needs to be prepped up all the time. Do I really want to work with somebody like that” or in worst case “now that you say it, yeah, this is kinda lame/rushed/unfinished/lazy, go away.”
You can only submit what you have. If that is not enough, then it’s not enough. Your attitude will not change that. But if it is enough, you can do serious harm by not being confident of who you are now.
This means appreciating what you are able to do right now and have a clear vision of what you want to learn, be confident that you will learn it in time.
This is really important. Eliminate this urge. Eliminate it professionally, when having contact with people in a position to buy your work. Eliminate it socially, when you just share your work for fun. Destroy this urge as thoroughly as you possibly can.
Because when you have done that, you’ll find that you feel at least 25% less shitty about your own work. You lose the urge to do it. You stop reinforcing those negative thoughts, and they retreat. They may never go away completely (although they might!) but this is good practice for ignoring those thoughts flat-out.
Don’t shit-talk yourself. Even if you can’t be SO PROUD, don’t ever try to influence anyone’s opinion toward your work in the negative.
Try to love your work. Try to see what you learned from each piece, even if it’s a failure. If you feel that you learned nothing, appreciate the fact that just spending time on it is honing your skills and giving you valuable practice.
i used to be super not-confident in my own work. When I stopped pointing out the flaws in my own stuff, I felt better about it almost immediately.
Important insight from Mr. Elba.
PACIFIC RIM 2: DUCK PUNT
Many people who are transitioning have no access to compression clothing, or simply can’t afford , so I decided, hey why not help out some people for absolutely zero cost to them, no strings attached! So every penny raised will go directly towards purchasing compression clothing and the like to help transitioning be easier!
To sign up please shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info:
Only $232 so far, over 400 people signed up so far, currently 36 people have been sent what they requested!!
If you can’t donate then please please please signal boost!!!
25 Lives by tongari
Achingly lovely. Delicately sublime. ♥